Join the Federation of County Cork Gun Clubs to secure benefits for your local gun club members.
Every member club can avail of the following:
- Full insurance benefits for members of all federated clubs
- Interclub shooting agreement and arbitration procedures
- Regional promotion of gun club and restocking activities
- Advice and support for grant applications
- News on events and regional and national activities
- Membership of the National Association of Regional Game Councils
- Club listing on Cork federation website
- Event listings on Cork federation website.
Every Club can avail of the following subsidies:
- Pheasant subsidy. €1.00 per pheasant (up to 150 birds) available to clubs that purchase birds of any age or rear birds from day old. Maximum payment per club is €150.00. Closing date 30 September. Contact Martin O Sullivan.
- Duck Subsidy. Approximately 900 NARGC and Cork Federation subsidised duck distributed to clubs every year at a cost of approximately 70c to clubs for 6 week old Mallard collected in Mallow. Closing date 31 December. Contact Martin O Sullivan.
- Tree subsidy. Up to 15,000 Hardwood trees are purchased in bulk every year and distributed to clubs at subsidised prices. Oak, Beech, Alder, Birch and Whitethorn available. Closing date 31 December. Contact Shane Kelleher.
- Poultry Crates. Orange Mondial crates €30.00 each. Contact Martin O Sullivan.
- Larsen Traps. 2 catching compartments, rectangular and very strong especially made for us. €60.00. Contact Martin O Sullivan.
- Mink Traps. Extra strong especially made by Dingle Poultry for us. €30.00 each. Contact Martin O Sullivan.
- Vermin Subsidy. Huge subsidies available to all clubs up to a maximum of €1,000.00 per club. Subsidies paid on Magpies, Grey Crows, Pigeons, Mink. Grey Squirrels and Foxes. Counting takes place once a year only, on the first Saturday of April always. For further details contact your club secretary.
- Club Conservation Grant. Available to any club that has suitable conservation project. Applications must be accompanied project details and costings. Contact Shane Kelleher.
- Proficiency Course. A full day’s course on gun handling, safety and the wildlife act is held every year in Dunmanway from mid August to early September. The morning session is tuition indoors followed by the NARGC exam. Successful candidates receive a certificate which enables them to join their local club and apply for a gun licence. The afternoon session is practical on the grounds of the Dunmanway Clay target Club where all participants get expert tuition from qualified NARGC coaches. Cost €10.00 to members and €30.00 to others. For non members who join a Cork club within 12 months the extra €20.00 is refunded. Contact Timmy McCarthy.
- Clay Shooting. Competitions held during the year for different categories including training licence holders and ladies. Club secretaries informed of all events. Contact George Lordan.
- Federation Club of the year. All clubs are automatically entered and are awarded points for various categories and activities. Contact Jerry Burgoyne.
- NARGC Club of the Year. Open to all clubs. There are 3 categories, Novice, Intermediate and Senior. Contact Jerry Burgoyne.
- Web Page Advertising. Free to all members. Contact Conchur Lucey.
- Walker Hearing Clinic have kindly given discounts to all federation of Co Cork Gun Club members and those also apply to immediate family. (see details under Hearing.
To join the Federation of County Cork Gun Clubs sign up online, or download our membership form.